domingo, 3 de abril de 2011

Trauma and Anxiety (*)

Trauma and Anxiety
This is the story of Miss Trauma and Mister Anxiety.
Both had arrived into a small world called Egoism, it is a small planet next to Despair, with a couple of moons: Capriciousness and Conceitedness. There were both of them, they were alone, Anxiety was finding ‘someone’ to be with, Trauma did not want to find ‘anyone’ to avoid suffering again, they had arrived condemned due to their prejudices, their sins, it was a small world and yet they did not see each other.
Anxiety always walked straight up with his eyes set on the road, so he would not let anyone pass by him without noticing. Trauma was walking not facing the road; her eyes were staring at the ground without caring what was happening, tripping now and then, without anyone touching her, but she stood up and continued on walking staring at the ground. And with those different styles they travelled that small world without seeing each other.
The time wasn’t strange, he wasn’t indifferent to the world’s night and days, its springs and autumns, and his is how a day arrived while the sun was hiding it came the end for Anxiety, no more, no more looking for something that would never come, he lowered the look of his eyes, he could not see more than his foot toes and he continued walking with slow stets filled with resignation, that cadence that alone gave him the conformity on having walked; Trauma, on the other hand, had lost the account of her falls, no more, only I plan one more, if I fall down I will not get up again, this being said a couple of steps more and she fell, as if her subconscious had crossed just in front of her.
This way it was with this change in theirs to walk and to be stopped that they managed to meet, while Anxiety was advancing he saw nearby to his feet another couple of someone sitting in the soil, he was surprised and said:
Anxiety: Hey, what are you doing here?
Trauma: Nothing, I don’t want to know anything about anyone please just go
Anxiety: Okay, whatever you want
With that subtle and sincere presentation Anxiety turned around and walked away thinking about the happening but as I said to you it was a small world so in a little time and when the night was already covering the sky he came behind her, he sat down to her side without recognizing her, back against back, then:
Trauma: Hey! Watch out
Anxiety: My apologies don’t worry about me I just want to sit and rest for a while I’m not going to disturb you.
-Silence was taking over and the nostalgic moon passed by smiling at them, a voice brook the silence
Trauma: And…. And why are you here?
Anxiety: I don’t know. I always wanted to find something and I can’t find it
Trauma: what were you looking for?
Anxiety: nothing
Trauma: how come it is nothing? You just told quite the opposite
Anxiety: I wasn’t looking for something. I was looking for someone, incredible! I think that was my condemnation, the anxiety of looking for someone is what brought me here, alone.
Trauma: Mmm tell me about it, I don’t know why I feel like this, I should be happy I wanted to be by myself so no one would harm me, and I think this is my condemnation the trauma of meeting someone and being hurt again brought me here, alone as I wanted.
Once again silence took a place, both of them turned around staring at each other, creating with their gaze a bridge between their eyes for which their feelings would cross
Anxiety: but… I am here and I have not hurt you nor I think about doing so
Trauma: …and you have just found someone
It seemed like a new beginning, the start of a new story, but it was just the moment when they found each other, it came the pardon to their sentences, they realized that what they were looking for was close and what they were running away from would not hurt them, there are stories that don’t have the end that many wait for and this is one of them; both of them went back to their world, to the Earth, to the Earth that puts and treats you maliciously in order that you learn to be better than you already are, which teaches you that you are more than what you believe and can be better than what they wait for.
Remember do not wait to be condemned and to pay a high price for your freedom to be able to value what you have by your side, open your eyes.
(*) Un agradecimiento especial para Maria Fernanda Caceres Arcos

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario